The Small Animal Hospital of the VTH provides:
- Full service out-patient preventive health care to local small animal clients within a 35-mile radius of Blacksburg through the Small Animal Community Practice.
- Referral service to practitioners in Virginia, Maryland, and surrounding states.
Small Animal Hospital Appointments
Scheduled Monday - Friday from 8 am to 5 pm by calling 540-231-4621
The following considerations apply to small animal appointments:
- All patients are seen by appointment only.
- Appointments are made on weekdays only.
- Appointments for preventive care are available to clients using our Small Animal Community Practice service for primary veterinary care.
- Appointments for specialized services (non-preventive care) are available to clients referred by their primary care veterinarian. The referring veterinarian needs to send a written history with the client. Either the referring veterinarian or the client may establish the appointment time.
- Emergency cases are seen as necessary by approval of a clinical faculty member.
Small Animal Emergencies
During business hours (8 am - 5 pm)
If you feel that you have an emergency situation with your pet:
- Please consult your primary care veterinarian to evaluate your pet.
- If your primary care veterinarian determines that your pet requires evaluation by the VTH, he/she may contact the hospital by calling 540-231-4621.
- Clients using our Small Animal Community Practice service for primary veterinary care should call 540-231-4621.
After hours (5 pm - 8 am)
- For emergencies occurring after 5 pm and before 8 am, please call 540-231-4621 to reach our emergency answering service. Your call will be directed to the "emergency on-call" veterinarian.