The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine provides nutrition evaluation for equine patients in our hospital and on the farm through our equine field service. If you have questions about our services, please contact us.
- For in-hospital treatment, please call 540-231-4621 and select option 5.
- For on-farm treatment, please call 540-231-9042.
Maintaining health with nutrition
The provision of balanced nutrition is the cornerstone of maintaining health, preventing and treating multiple disorders, and enhancing the quality and duration of life. In-depth nutrition consultation services are available for individual animals or groups of horses. Feeding programs are designed using the latest technology of feeding and feeding systems to promote optimal growth, health and performance.
Equine nutrition services include:
- Body condition scoring
- Hay and pasture nutrient evaluation
- Establishment of sensible nutrition practices
- Individual animal feeding programs
- Farm management feeding programs
- Nutritional counseling for all the various life stages of large animals including: