The Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association (SCAVMA) at VA-MD Vet Med is the largest student organization at our school and is the umbrella organization for all other DVM student organizations.
- To act as a governing body for the DVM student organizations at VA-MD Vet Med.
- To promote fellowship among students enrolled at VA-MD Vet Med.
- To provide additional opportunities for members to gain knowledge and an understanding of professional ethics and conduct.
- To develop leadership through conducting the chapter's affairs.
- To make available to members the opportunities offered by the American Veterinary Medical Association to its student chapters.
- To promote a mutually beneficial relationship among the Virginia Veterinary Medical Association (VVMA), the Maryland Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA), the Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA), the general public, and SCAVMA.
- To provide opportunities for the development of special interests within SCAVMA.
SCAVMA Membership & Benefits
Active membership is open to all full-time veterinary students enrolled in a program of study leading to a DVM from VA-MD Vet Med. Associate membership is open to all students enrolled in graduate programs at VA-MD Vet Med.
SCAVMA members are also eligible for the AVMA-GHLIT Student Health, Life, Disability and Dental Benefits. To learn more, contact Gillian Hopkins, our AVMA-GHLIT representative, at email@example.com, 443-226-5850 (cell) or 410-740-4714 (office).
If you have questions about the chapter, please contact Allison Smith, SCAVMA President at firstname.lastname@example.org.