The Food Animal Practitioners Club is a close-knit group of students with an interest in cattle, swine, sheep, goats, camelids and poultry medicine. The club holds rounds every Tuesday afternoon where various veterinary cases and farm management issues are explored. Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month. At these meetings, various outside speakers discuss a variety of aspects ranging from career opportunities and practicing food animal veterinary medicine abroad to new products and field experts. Overall, this club will provide you with a great opportunity to learn more about food animal medicine and husbandry while making new friends and having a lot of fun.
View the college calendar for specific dates and event information.
- Monthly Meetings on the second Tuesday
- Weekly Rounds every Tuesday except on meeting days
- Saturday Morning Palpations in the Fall semester
- Multiple Wetlabs
- PMM Ride-Alongs
- Beef Quality Assurance Certification
- SAVMA Palpation Team - sponsored by Intervet
- FAPC/AAEP Picnic
- Open House
- VA Food Animal Academy meeting at VVMA Conference
- VT Beef Cattle Health Conference
- Community service opportunities