We are pleased to offer the Summer Veterinary Student Research Program (SVSRP), a biomedical research training opportunity for veterinary students.
The SVSRP is sponsored by the following entities:
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Veterinary Scholars Program (BIVS)
- Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
Students applying to this summer program need to commit to a continuous 11-week program without interruption.
The program application is now available, and the deadline to apply is Friday, February 5, 2021.
Inquiries about SVSRP should be addressed to Dr. Jessica Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One week of short courses in proposal writing, experimental design and analysis, humane care and use of laboratory animals, research ethics/management, common experimental techniques, and computer-based reports.
- Funded travel to Washington, D.C. to meet with DVM/PhDs in research and policy positions at NIH, USDA, FDA, and Walter Reed.
- Nine weeks of mentor-guided laboratory training in animal models of diseases.
- Friday breakfast seminars on veterinary careers in research.
View the program overview to learn more.
S. Ansar Ahmed
BVSc, PhDSVSRP DirectorAssociate Dean, Professor of ImmunologyEmail: email@example.com