Summer Veterinary Student Research Program / Merial Veterinary Scholars Program
We are pleased to offer the Summer
Veterinary Student Research Program (SVSRP), a biomedical research training opportunity for first- and second-year veterinary students.
The SVSRP is sponsored by:
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The Merial Veterinary Scholars Program (MVSP)
Students applying to this summer program need to commit to a continuous 11-week program without interruption.
The application deadline for the Summer 2015 program has passed.
Inquiries about SVSRP should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One week of short courses in proposal writing, experimental design
and analysis, humane care and use of laboratory animals, research ethics/management, common experimental
techniques, and computer-based reports.
- Funded travel to Washington, DC to meet with DVM/PhDs in research
and policy positions at NIH, USDA, FDA, and HHMI.
- Nine weeks of mentor-guided laboratory training in animal
models of diseases.
- Wednesday breakfast seminars on veterinary careers in research.
View the program overview to learn more.
S. Ansar Ahmed, BVSc, PhD
Professor of Immunology
Head, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology
Roger J. Avery, PhD
Senior Associate Dean, Research & Graduate Studies