About Hospital Communications/Switchboard
The hospital communications/switchboard unit provides a vital telecommunications interface between
external and internal users of the college and Veterinary Teaching Hospital. This
service area handles between 700 and 1,200 phone calls a day from 7:30 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through
Continued communications support is provided after-hours, weekends, and holidays by reception
personnel and an external answering service.
Contact the Switchboard
Call 540-231-7666 for assistance with any of our services.
- Answering and routing incoming calls
- Primary hospital client contact and paging service
- Liaison to VT Communications Network Services (CNS) for ethernet and phone installation and relocation
- Key and lock assignments for college facilities
- Radio and paging equipment assignments and repair
- Electronic text paging/messaging and archives
- Liaison to VT Parking Services for coordinating access to college facilities and parking during VT athletic events