Effective March 22, 2020, Virginia Tech Animal Laboratory Services (ViTALS) has temporarily suspended courier service.
- For clinics in the Roanoke Valley, ViTALS will offer pre-paid FedEx mailers for submission of cases to the lab.
- When shipping laboratory samples, use FedEx or UPS overnight delivery. Refrain from using the U.S. Postal Service because of service changes enacted by Virginia Tech's campus mail.
- For clinics in the New River Valley, ViTALS will offer scheduled drop-offs during business hours.
- Call the lab at 540-231-4320 to schedule a drop-off appointment during regular business hours.
- Specimens should be placed in a ViTALS specimen bag; the submission form should be folded and stowed in the specimen bag pocket. If a plain, zip-closure bag is used, place the sample and the submission form in separate bags.
- When you arrive at the front of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, remain in your vehicle and call the lab.
- Lab staff will approach the vehicle with an opened, zip-closure bag. The delivery person should drop the bagged specimen and submission form in the opened bag.
ViTALS, accredited by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD), is the on-site interdisciplinary diagnostic laboratory of the veterinary college. Clients can contact Lab Central Receiving at email@example.com or 540-231-4320.
Virginia Tech Animal Laboratory Services (ViTALS) is an American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) accredited, on-site interdisciplinary diagnostic laboratory of the veterinary college.
Our mission is to provide high-quality diagnostic services to veterinarians, animal owners, researchers, and state and federal agencies. Our qualified laboratory staff reliably performs all tests and evaluations in accordance with established policies and procedures in order to provide quality veterinary diagnostic services.
Commitment to Our Customers
We understand the importance of accurate and timely results and we strive to provide superior services and to exceed the expectations of our clients.
All forms revised and effective 2/16/2017