Our continuing education programs are available to veterinarians and veterinary technicians who want to stay apprised of the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques available to the profession.
Upcoming Lectures and Events
Our faculty provide continuing education lectures at regional Veterinary Medical Association conferences as well as lunch and dinner lectures, which are often made possible with the support of various companies in the veterinary industry.
3rd Annual Small Animal Summer Conference for Veterinarians
August 25, 2017
The conference will be held at the college's main facility on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia. Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. and the program begins at 9 a.m. Catered lunch will be served.
Speakers & Topics
- Canine Cataracts: Not just for Surgery Anymore and Do’s and Don’ts of Chronic Corneal Ulcersby Ian Herring, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVO
Of Life and Limb: Update on Canine Ostesarcomaby Shawna Klahn, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM: Oncology
Pulse Oximetry: Standard of Care or False Sense of Securityby Noah Pavlisko, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA
Thoracic Radiography: A Case-based Review of Common Diseaseby Krystina Stadler, DVM
Autoimmune Dermatoses likely seen in Practice: Diagnosis and Treatmentby Ben Tham, DVM
Pain Management in the Emergency Patientby Jeff Wilson, DVM, Diplomate ACVAA, CVMA
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- There is no cost to attend this event. Lunch is sponsored by Hills.
- Due to space limitations, seating is limited to 125 veterinarians.
- The registration deadline is August 21, 2017.
- Register by email at vetmedCE@vt.edu or call 540-231-5809.
This event is equivalent to 6 CE contact hours.