The Animal Cancer Care and Research Center provides innovative, compassionate cancer care for dogs and cats and referral oncology service to practitioners in Virginia, Maryland, and surrounding states. All patients are seen by appointment only.
Refer a patient
- The referring veterinarian must complete and submit a Patient Referral Form (PDF).
- The Animal Cancer Center's case coordinator will contact the client to schedule an appointment. Scheduled appointments are held Monday through Friday.
- Clients do not need to bring referral information with them for their scheduled appointment(s).
- A member of the Animal Cancer Center's care team will communicate with the referring veterinarian while the patient is under the team's care.
- Appropriate patient updates are provided to the client until the animal is discharged from the center.
- Following the patient's discharge from the center, the care team appreciates receiving patient updates from the referring veterinarian and the client.