Our programs of study - courses, laboratory and field research, clinical experience, and teaching opportunities - are flexible and tailored to meet individual students' needs, depending on academic background, professional experience, and career goals. The college prides itself on the high quality of student mentoring, advising, and support services.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- 90 credit hours of course work, research, and dissertation
- Average completion time of four years
- Admission to the PhD program does not require an MS degree.
- The DVM/PhD degree program can be completed in as little as six years and allows graduates to pursue research opportunities in both biomedical and clinical sciences.
Master of Science (MS)
- 30 credit hours of course work, research, and thesis
- Average completion time of two years (three years for clinical sciences specialties)
Major Areas of Research Investigation
- Avian Medicine
- Environmental medicine
- Large and small animal clinical sciences specialties
- Medical Informatics
- Molecular and cell biology
- Public health
- Regenerative medicine/stem cell physiology
- Translational medicine
Learn more about our Research Program.