How to Apply
We encourage you to contact professors you are interested in working with prior to applying for the program. You may also want to visit the Virginia Tech Graduate School How to Apply page to learn about specific admissions requirements.
Apply for admission to our MS or PhD degree program using the online Virginia Tech Application for Graduate Admission:
- Create an account if you haven't yet. If you already have an account, you will be able to create a new application within your existing account.
- Once you are logged in to your account, complete all the sections of the application. You will specify Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences as your program within the YOUR APPLICATION(S) section.
- Click Create a New Application.
- Select your application type.
- For program, select Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences.
- Select your degree type.
- For campus, select Blacksburg (Main Campus).
- Select your term and submit the application. Note that this only submits the application type for further editing; you will have the opportunity to edit this and other sections of the application before submitting your final application.
Steps to Graduate Program Acceptance
- The Graduate Affairs Committee reviews an applicant’s qualifications and recommends acceptance.
- Candidates are matched with a faculty advisor (major professor). This process is helped if you contact professors you are interested in working with prior to applying.
- A source of financial support—stipend and tuition—is identified.
- After these steps are completed, successful applicants are offered admission.