Prospective student tours
Tours of the college and information sessions are held for prospective students (high school seniors, undergraduates, post-graduates, and professionals) on the following Fridays in 2018 and 2019:
- November 30, 2018 from 12 - 2 p.m.
- February 8, 2019 from 12 - 2 p.m.
- February 22, 2019 from 12 - 2 p.m.
- March 1, 2019 from 12 - 2 p.m.
- April 12, 2019 from 12 - 2 p.m.
Tours and information sessions begin promptly at the specified time and last approximately two hours. Please meet at the entrance to the Veterinary Medicine Instruction Addition (VMIA) for these sessions.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accommodate walk-in requests. Our college is a secure-access facility, and self-guided tours are not allowed.
We encourage members of the general public to attend the college’s Annual Open House, which will be held next in Spring 2019, when tours of our Veterinary Teaching Hospital and teaching facilities are available.
Important tour guidelines
Because our Veterinary Teaching Hospital is a working hospital and our top priority is providing medical care for our patients, we do not give hospital tours to large groups or to students high school-age or younger.
We offer tours to prospective students — undergraduates, post-graduates, and professionals. High school-age students and younger are encouraged to attend our Annual Open House to learn more about our program and the veterinary profession.
In order to follow biosecurity, liability, and patient confidentiality procedures, the following restrictions are enforced at all times:
- Taking photos or video is prohibited in the hospital.
- A tour guide must escort tour participants at all times.
- Tour participants must not touch patients under any circumstances.
- Tour participants are expected to be respectful of the hospital patients, clients, personnel, and environment. Disruptive behavior (i.e. yelling, running, etc.) is not allowed.
Failure to follow these rules may result in termination of the tour.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about tours and visits to our facility.