Dates, Location & Housing
Selection for participation in VetTRAC is focused on developing students from underrepresented populations to explore and consider a career in veterinary medicine. As such, preference will be given to students from Virginia and Maryland from these underrepresented populations. Participation in VetTRAC is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into the DVM program at Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and have completed at least two semesters (or the equivalent) of undergraduate level coursework.
- An interest in exploring career opportunities in the field of veterinary medicine is required.
- Preference for program acceptance is given to Virginia and Maryland residents.
Students who have already applied to a DVM program using VMCAS in the current or previous application cycles are ineligible to participate, as are students who have previously participated in VetTRAC or another VA-MD Vet Med summer program.
Participants are responsible for their transportation to and from Blacksburg, Virginia. Housing, meals, and program activities are provided at no cost to successful applicants.
To apply, please complete the online VetTRAC 2018 Application. The application closing date is March 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Items you should prepare ahead of time:
- Electronic copy of transcripts for all colleges/universities attended. Please be sure applicant name and the name of the institution appear on each transcript. (Scanned and web-based versions are accepted; PDFs are the preferred file format).
- A list of details about your extracurricular activities (veterinary experience, animal experience, biomedical/research experience, employment history, club/organizational involvement, honors/awards, community/volunteer service experience).
- Responses to the following questions:
- Describe how your educational experiences are preparing you for success.
- Describe two ways in which you may help advance the Principles of Community that are central to Virginia Tech as an institution.