The Small Animal Internal Medicine Service provides specialty care to clients referred by private practitioners for internal medicine problems and special procedures.
Internal Medicine Services
Our services include:
- Consultation by board certified specialists in small animal internal medicine
- Advanced diagnostic testing
- State of the art patient treatment and monitoring
- Twenty-four hour care
- Cancer diagnostics
- Advanced testing for endocrine, respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary, blood, and infectious diseases
Some of our specialty procedures include:
- Radioactive iodine therapy to treat feline hyperthyroidism.
- Endoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure of looking into the stomach, colon, esophagus, trachea, bladder, and nasal cavity of small animal patients.
- Endoscopic laser lithotripsy to remove bladder and urethral stones from dogs.
- Bone marrow aspirates
- Joint taps
- Collection of spinal fluid
- Inserting special catheters
- Small foreign body extraction
Internal Medicine Personnel
Stefanie M. DeMonaco, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM
David C. Grant, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM
W. Edward Monroe, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM
David L. Panciera, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM
Susan Carr, BVSc, Internal Medicine Resident
Ashley Wilkinson, DVM, Internal Medicine Resident
Ginger Hudecek, LVT