The oncology team at the VTH offers compassionate care, improved quality of life, and hope for dogs and cats with cancer. Our oncology clinicians are experts in the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, and work closely with you and your veterinarian to determine the best therapeutic plan for your pet.
Our specialists are dedicated to advancing the field of oncology, both for animals and humans, through:
- Innovative and translational research
- Specialized consultation services
- Advanced training of students and veterinarians
View our Cancer-related Fact Sheets for clients.
- Appointments are available for clients referred by their primary care veterinarian.
- Referring veterinarians are asked to fax the completed VTH Medical/Laboratory Referral Form before the appointment is scheduled.
- After receipt of the completed referral form, an oncology technician will contact the pet owner to schedule the appointment.
- Written consultation reports are available for referring veterinarians requesting service using the
Oncology Consultation Form.
- Users with Adobe Acrobat can save the form and send via email to email@example.com or fax to 540-231-9354.
- Users with Adobe Reader can complete, print, and fax the form to 540-231-9354.
- Verbal consultations are available for referring veterinarians by calling 540-231-4621.