The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine provides lameness evaluation for performance horses in our hospital and on the farm through our equine field service. If you have questions about our services, please contact us.
- For in-hospital treatment, please call 540-231-9043.
- For on-farm treatment, please call 540-231-9042.
Pre-purchase exams can be performed based on the intended use of the horse.
- Full physical and history
- Observe the horse in hand (walk, trot, canter)
- Additional assessment as needed (lameness, reproductive)
Steps of a lameness exam: