The Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) Pharmacy supports the care of your companion, equine and
farm animals during their stay and when they are visited at your site by our field service veterinarians.
View the Pharmacy Photographic Tour.
Contact Us - (540) 231-4626
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Saturday, 8 am - 12 noon
- Closed on Sunday and some University observed holidays. Please call ahead for open holiday hours.
- Refills should be called in at least one business day before pickup.
- If the medication has no refills, needs to be compounded or must be ordered for your animal,
the request should be made several days in advance.
- Medications may be sent by overnight service for an additional charge.
About Pharmacy Services
Medications may only be dispensed
to clients for patients currently being treated by VTH clinicians.
Products and services include:
- Unit-dose medication for in- hospital patients, optimizing care and reducing waste
- (IV) intravenous fluids and (TPN) parenteral nutrition solutions for patients
- Outpatient prescriptions to maintain the care of patients as they return home
- Compounding specialty prescriptions (the correct size and strength may not be commercially
available to treat the range of animals seen at the VTH)
- Compound products used in the hospital by different service areas
- Chemotherapy drugs prepared aseptically by trained staff
- Prepare allergy shots (antigens) on the order of our dermatologist
- Supply OTC (Over the counter) products such as flea preventatives and shampoos
- Maintain medication dispensing machines, providing after hours and emergency access
to necessary pharmaceuticals
- Skilled pharmacists that serve as a resource to veterinarians, students, and staff on drug
selection, pharmaceutical dosages, drug information, drug interactions and calculations
- Support educational needs of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine students during clinical
- Support client and patient needs through drug information and medication counseling to optimize
drug therapy outcomes
The dedicated pharmacy team includes Licensed Pharmacists (RPh) and Technicians (CPhT, RPhT, LVT).
We are committed to ensuring positive patient outcomes by providing safe and effective medications for
your pet, efficiently and economically.
Marion F Ehrich - RPh, PhD, DABT, ATS
Maureen Perry -
RPh, FSVHP, DICVP, Pharmacy Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna D Kadlec - RPh
Patricia Roberts - CPhT
Kimberly Sharp - LVT
Shellie Kerr - CPhT
Ka Zahn - CPhT