About Omega Tau Sigma
OTS is a national veterinary service fraternity whose membership is open to faculty, staff, and students. Members of the Lambda Chapter of Omega Tau Sigma at VA-MD Vet Med are given the opportunity to participate in a variety of service projects and fundraising events each year. While service is our main focus, we still like to have fun with different social activities throughout the year.
Goals of OTS
Our goals are to:
- Encourage and foster the development of well-rounded, ethical veterinarians and, through them, to create a better profession on the basis of friendship, cooperation, and respect for our peers;
- Impart to our members a desire to serve faithfully and zealously the varied needs of the animal kingdom;
- Instill a recognition of the rewards and importance of community service;
- Inspire our members with the awareness that the knowledge of a job well done and the regard of clientele and colleague far surpasses financial gain;
- Give aspiring veterinarians a chance to survey analytically the veterinary profession so that they can be sure that their best talents will be used as veterinarians;
- Instill the principles of honesty, morality, resourcefulness, and compassion in all its members; and
- Give these new veterinarians a chance to learn the much-valued trait of working with a group for the mutual benefit of all.
If you have questions about our chapter or upcoming events, please contact Lindsey Arthur, OTS President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.