Meetings – Fall 2014
- Thursday, September 18th: Room 102 @ 5:15pm
- Joint meeting with VBMA
- Dr. Matt Kornatowski, DVM of Twin Pines Equine, LLC (Griswold, CT) is coming to talk about building an ambulatory equine practice just three years out of vet school. A two-year internship at a practice near VT and experience on a track are just bits of his career he will discuss with us.
- Thursday, November 13th: 5:15pm (Room TBA)
- Dr. Mark Wallace, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM of Carolina Equine Hospital will speak about his career and how he made it to where he is today. He completed an internship and his internal medicine residency here at VMRCVM, and now practices, teaches, and consults for a number of pharmaceutical companies.
- Thursday, November 20th: 5:15pm (Room TBA)
- Dr. Ann Russau, DVM is a solo practitioner located in Catlett, VA. Her practice is called Warrenton Horse Works. She will speak about what itís like to practice on your own, and will let us in on some secrets about keeping a work-life balance!
Other Fall 2014 Events
- Intro to the Horse Lab
Saturday, September 13th, 9 – 11 a.m.
- Presented by: Dr. Browne and Dr. Witonsky
- Location: CMMID
- Open to the school, limited to 32 participants
- Advice about internships, job-hunting, and residencies
Monday, September 15th, 5 p.m. OR
Tuesday, September 16th, 12 p.m.
- Presented by: Jennifer Barrett, DVM, Diplomate ACVS (of the EMC)
- Location: TBA
- Wound management wet lab (w/ SCVECCS)
Saturday, October 11th
- Location & Time TBA
- We hope to have equine cadavers so that we can practice suturing lacerations, cleaning/maintaining wounds, and bandaging with different materials.
- Officer Elections
- Virginia Horse Trials
Saturday, November 2nd
- Location: Lexington, Virginia