Meetings – Fall 2014
- Thursday, November 13th: 5:15pm (Room TBA)
- Officer elections for next year (Spring - Fall 2015)
- Dr. Mark Wallace, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM of Carolina Equine Hospital will speak about his career and how he made it to where he is today. He completed an internship and his internal medicine residency here at VA-MD Vet Med, and now practices, teaches, and consults for a number of pharmaceutical companies.
- Third year, Kate Workman, will also give a brief presentation regarding her experience with the International Equine Conference on Laminitis & Diseases of the Foot.
- Thursday, November 20th: 5:15pm (Room TBA)
- Dr. Ann Russau, DVM is a solo practitioner located in Catlett, VA. Her practice is called Warrenton Horse Works. She will speak about what itís like to practice on your own, and will let us in on some secrets about keeping a work-life balance!
Other Fall 2014 Events
- Virginia Horse Trials
Saturday, November 2nd
- Location: Lexington, Virginia
- Officer Elections
November 13 Meeting
- Sign-ups for candidates will be available the week before
- Wound Management Wet Lab (w/ SCVECCS)
Saturday, November 15th 10:00am-2:00pm
- This lab will likely focus on wounds located on the head and lower limb, ER wound care (sutures, bandages, topical dressings), as well as discussion of fracture stabilization and safety during a wound emergency with an equine patient. Dr. Chris Byron, our newest large animal surgeon will be leading this wet lab
- National AAEP Convention
Dec 6th-10th, in Salt Lake City
- Equine Acupuncture w/ IVMC
Date and Time TBA
- Mini-wetlab with Dr. Becky Funk
Spring 2014 Events
- Texas A&M SCAAEP Wet Lab
January 17, 2015
- Official registration online (through TAM) begins October 27th.
Registration checks must be post-marked by November 7th
Consider the cost when signing up: $75.00 registration fee + travel expenses
Talk to an officer if you are interested in going!