The application deadline for the SVSRP is Monday, February 9, 2015.
Only students in the first or second year of a DVM program at an accredited veterinary medical college will be considered for these scholarships.
- Name and contact information
- Citizenship and other eligibility questions
- Career plans and goals
- Research experience (if any)
- Three ranked discipline areas (e.g. regenerative medicine, bacteriology, etc.)
- Research interests
In addition, a copy of the applicant's CV and two letters of recommendation from faculty members at the applicant's veterinary medical college are required.
Students are selected by an Advisory and Selection Committee already created for the SVSRP, including both NIH T35- and MVSP-funded students, based on the likelihood that the student will pursue a career in research. Selection criteria includes:
- Previous research experience
- Academic excellence
- References from veterinary medical college faculty
The committee will make every effort to match the research interest of applicants to those of the mentors.
For additional information about the program or assistance with the application process, please contact Becky Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-4992.