We are pleased to offer the Summer Veterinary Student Research Program (SVSRP), a biomedical research training opportunity for veterinary students.
The SVSRP is sponsored by:
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Veterinary Scholars Program (BIVS)
- Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
Students applying to this summer program need to commit to a continuous 11-week program without interruption.
The program application is now available and the deadline to apply is Thursday, February 1, 2019.
Inquiries about SVSRP should be addressed to email@example.com.
- One week of short courses in proposal writing, experimental design and analysis, humane care and use of laboratory animals, research ethics/management, common experimental techniques, and computer-based reports.
- Funded travel to Washington, DC to meet with DVM/PhDs in research and policy positions at NIH, USDA, FDA, and Walter Reed.
- Nine weeks of mentor-guided laboratory training in animal models of diseases.
- Friday breakfast seminars on veterinary careers in research.
View the program overview to learn more.
S. Ansar Ahmed, BVSc, PhDSVSRP DirectorAssociate Dean, Professor of ImmunologyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org