Glassware Service Laboratory
The Glassware Service Laboratories in Phase II and the Center for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Diseases (CMMID) provide a
constant supply of washed and sterilized glassware, plastics, and media that is essential for research activities.
- Steris Century and Amsco Sterilizers for steam sterilization
- Precision Convection Ovens for dry heat sterilization
- Steris Reliance Laboratory Glassware Washers
- Bellco Pipette Plugger for plugging clean glass serological pipettes
- Vaponics House Still (VSS-20Ti) w/300 gallon tank and purification loop (CMMID) to produce distilled/deionized
water free of organics and bacteria
- Millipore Milli-Q Integral 15 Water Purification System (Phase II) with Q-pod and E-pod to produce and deliver
both Type 2 Pure and Type 1 Ultrapure water free of organics and bacteria
- Washing and sterilization of plastics, glassware, instruments, etc.
- Sterilization of liquids and culture media
- Production and provision of distilled/deionized water
- Weekly laundry service and provision of lab coats to research lab personnel
- Autoclave and safety training
- Biological waste decontamination and disposal
Using the Glassware Service Laboratory
The glassware lab facilities are open from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (CMMID) and 8 am – 5 pm (Phase II). No appointments are
necessary and there is no charge for service. For those interested in learning more about our services, please contact the
Laboratory & Safety Coordinator, Jen Averill, at 540-231-8389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to profile listings