- Crider, KG, EH Maples, JM Gohlke. (2014). Incorporating occupational risk in heat stress vulnerability mapping. Journal of Environmental Health 77(1): 16-22.
- Kent ST, McClure LA, Zaitchik BF, Smith TT, & JM Gohlke. (2014). Heat Waves and Health Outcomes in Alabama (USA): The Importance of Heat Wave Definition. Environ Health Perspect. 122(2): 151-8
- Fitzgerald, TP, JM Gohlke. (2014). Contaminant levels in Gulf of Mexico reef fish after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill as measured by a fishermen-led testing program. Environ Sci and Technol. 48(3): 1993-2000.
- Doke DA and JM Gohlke. (2014). Human health risk assessment of metals in fish in Ghana. Journal of Health and Pollution. March 2014, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 18-25.
- Doke DA, SL Hudson, JA Dawson and JM Gohlke. (2014). Effects of early life exposure to methylmercury in Daphnia pulex on standard and reduced food ration. Reproductive Toxicology 49: 219-225.
- DA Allison, LH Antoine, SW Ballinger, MM Bamman, P Biga, VM Darley-Usmar, G Fisher, JM Gohlke, GV Halade, JL Hartman, GR Hunter, JL Messina, TR Nagy, EP Plaisance, KA Roth, MW Sandel, TS Schwartz, DL Smith, JD Sweatt, TO Tollefsbol, SA Watts, Y Yang, J Zhang, SN Austad, ML Powell. (2014). Aging and energetics’ ‘Top 40’ future research opportunities 2010-2013. F1000Research 2014, 3:219.
- Porter, T, ST Kent, W Su, HM Beck, JM Gohlke. (2014). Birth outcomes in neighborhoods surrounding coke production and steel making facilities in Alabama, USA. Environmental Health 13: 85.
- Doke, D and JM Gohlke. (2014). Fish Consumption Advisories. In: Encyclopedia of Toxicology, 3rd Edition. Phillip Wexler (Ed.) Elsevier, Oxford, UK.
- Smith, TT, BF Zaitchik, JM Gohlke. (2013). Heat waves in the United States: definitions, patterns and trends. Climatic Change 118 (3-4): 811-825. PMCID: PMC3711804.
- Portier CJ, KT Tart, SR Carter, CH Dilworth, AE Grambsch, JM Gohlke, J Hess, SN Howard, G Luber, JT Lutz, T Maslak, N Prudent, M Radtke, JP Rosenthal, T Rowles, PA Sandifer, J Scheraga, PJ Schramm, D Strickman, JM Trtanj, PY Whung. (2013). A Human Health Perspective on Climate Change: A report outlining research needs on the human health effects of climate change. Jour Current Issues in Globalization 6(4): 621.
- Gohlke JM, Allison DB. (2013). Evidence for obesogens: Interpretations and next steps. Obesity 21(6):1077-8.
- Kent, ST, LA McClure, BF Zaitchik, JM Gohlke. (2013). Area-level risk factors for adverse birth outcomes: trends in urban and rural settings. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 13: 129.
- Bernhard, MC, MB Evans, ST Kent, E Johnson, SL Threadgill, SB Tyson, SM Becker, JM Gohlke. (2013). Identifying environmental health priorities in underserved populations: a study of rural versus urban communities. Public Health 127 (11): 994-1004.
- 2013 Public Health and Climate Change: Focusing North Carolina Forward final recommendations document. Environmental Health Summit Research Triangle Environmental Health Collaborative http://environmentalhealthcollaborative.org/summit/summit-2013
- Gohlke JM, EJ Dhurandhar, CU Correll, EH Morrato, JW Newcomer, G Remington, HA Nasrallah, S Crystal, G Nicol, DB Allison. (2012). Recent advances in understanding and mitigating adipogenic and metabolic effects of antipsychotic drugs. Front Psychiatry 3: 62.
- Floyd, EL, CT Lungu and JM Gohlke. (2012). An evaluation of nearshore sediment data after the Deepwater Horizon blowout. Jour Env Sci and Eng A 1: 341-350.
- Gohlke JM, D Doke, M Tipre, M Leader, T Fitzgerald. (2011). A review of seafood safety after the Deepwater Horizon blowout. Environ Health Perspect. 119(8): 1062-9
- Funk, JA, J Gohlke, AD Kraft, CA McPherson, J Collins, GJ Harry. (2011). Voluntary Exercise Protects Hippocampal Neurons from Trimethyltin Injury: Possible Role of Interleukin-6 to Modulate Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor-Mediated Neurotoxicity. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity 25(6): 1063-77.
- Gohlke JM, R Thomas, A Woodward, D Campbell-Lendrum, A Prüss-Üstün, S Hales, CJ Portier (2011). Estimating the global health implications of electricity and coal consumption. Environ Health Perspect. 119(6): 821-6.
- Gohlke, JM (2011). Children’s Environmental Health: Emerging Issues: Developmental Programming and the Epigenome. In: Encyclopedia of Environmental Health. Jerome Nriagu (ed.) Elsevier, Oxford, UK.
- Gohlke JM, WM Freeman, KE Vrana. (2010). Bioinformatic and computational approaches for analysis of genomic data in neurotoxicology research. In: Neurotoxicology 3rd Edition JA Harry and HA Tilson (eds.). Taylor and Francis, London, UK.
- Portier CJ, KT Tart, SR Carter, AE Grambsch, JM Gohlke, J Hess, SN Howard, G Luber, JT Lutz, T Maslak, N Prudent, M Radtke, JP Rosenthal, T Rowles, PA Sandifer, J Scheraga, PJ Schramm, D Strickman, JM Trtany, PY Whung. (2010). A Human Health Perspective on Climate Change: A report outlining research needs on the human health effects of climate change. Published by Environmental Health Perspectives and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. www.niehs.nih.gov/climatereport.
- Gohlke JM, Stockton PS, Sieber S, Foley J, Portier CJ (2009). AhR-mediated gene expression in the developing mouse telencephalon. Reproductive Toxicology 28(3): 321-8.
- Gohlke JM, R Thomas, Y Zhang, MC Rosenstein, AP Davis, C Murphy, CJ Mattingly, KG Becker, CJ Portier (2009) The Genetic and Environmental Pathways to Complex Diseases. BMC Systems Biology 3: 46.
- Thomas R, JM Gohlke, F Parham, CJ Portier (2009). Choosing the right path: Enhancement of biologically-relevant sets of genes or proteins using pathway structure. Genome Biology 10(4):R44.
- Gohlke JM, O Armant, FM Parham, MV Smith, D Castro, L Nguyen, JS Parker, G Gradwohl, CJ Portier, F Guillemot. (2008). Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon development. BMC Biology 6(1): 15.
- Gohlke JM, Griffith, WC, and EM Faustman (2008) Computational Models of Ethanol-induced Neurodevelopmental Toxicity Across Species: Implications for Risk Assessment. Birth Defects Research Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology. 83(1): 1-11.
- Gohlke JM, SH Hrynkow, CJ Portier (2008). Health, Economy, and Environment: Sustainable Energy Choices for a Nation. Environ Health Perspect 116 (6): A236-237.
- Gohlke JM, S Hiller-Sturmhoefel, E M Faustman (2008). A Systems-Based Computational Model of Alcohol’s Toxic Effects on Brain Development. Alcohol Research and Health 31(1): 76-83.
- Gohlke, JM. (2008). The social aspects of obesity, sustainability. Chapel Hill News. May 25, 2008.
- Gohlke JM, CJ Portier (2007). The forest for the trees: A systems framework for risk assessment. Environ Health Perspect 115:1261–1263
- Gohlke JM, Griffith, WC and Faustman, EM (2007). Computational Models of Neocortical Neuronogenesis and Programmed Cell Death in the Developing Mouse, Monkey and Human. Cerebral Cortex, 17: 2433-2442.
- Faustman, EM, JM Gohlke, NL Judd, TA Lewandowski, SA Bartell, and WC Griffith (2005). Modeling developmental processes in animals: applications in neurodevelopmental toxicology. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 19(3), 615-624.
- Gohlke JM, Griffith, WC, & Faustman, EM (2005). A systems-based computational model for dose-response comparisons of two mode of action hypotheses for ethanol-induced neurodevelopmental toxicity. Toxicological Sciences, 86(2), 470-484.
- Faustman, EM, JM Gohlke, RA Ponce, TA Lewandowski, MR Seeley, SG Whittaker, WC Griffith. (2005). Experimental approaches to evaluate mechanisms of developmental toxicity. In: Handbook of Developmental Toxicology, R. Hood (ed.), Boca Raton: CRC Press, Inc., 2nd edition.
- Wong, EY, J Gohlke, W C Griffith, S Farrow and EM Faustman (2004). Assessing the health benefits of air pollution reduction for children. Environ Health Perspect 112(2): 226-232.
- Gohlke JM, W C Griffith and E M Faustman* (2004). The role of cell death during neocortical neurogenesis and synaptogenesis: Implications from a computational model for the rat and mouse. Dev Brain Res 151: 43-54.
- Gohlke JM, WC Griffith, and EM Faustman. (2003). Quantitative Toxicodynamic Considerations for Developmental Neurotoxicity: Case Study of Ethanol. Technical Report. EPA Contract No. 2W-2296-NARA, USEPA Washington, DC 2003.
- Gohlke JM, EM Faustman. (2003). Quantitative Toxicodynamic Considerations for Developmental Neurotoxicity: Case Study of Benomyl. Technical Report. EPA Contract No. 2W-2296-NARA, USEPA Washington, DC 2003.
- Gohlke JM, W Griffith, S Bartell, T Lewandowski and E Faustman (2002). A computational model for neocortical neuronogenesis predicts ethanol-induced neocortical neuron number deficits. Dev Neurosci 24(6): 467-477.