Veterinary Medical Informatics at Virginia Tech is an interdisciplinary academic, research, and service program within the Office of Research and Graduate Studies of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine.
We develop terminologies for veterinary organizations by:
- subsetting standardized terminologies
- aligning local terminologies with standardized terminologies
- We study conceptual and structural features of the medical information unique to animals.
- We assist in analysis and development of medical information models, databases and systems.
- We study and create biomedical ontologies to enhance interoperability and usability of electronic information.
- We provide post-graduate training opportunities for veterinarians.
- We develop educational programs for veterinary organizations.
For inquiries about the VMRCVM Informatics Laboratory services:
Graduate Program, SNOMED, and VADS Inquiries
For inquiries about the Informatics Graduate Program, SNOMED, and VADS, please contact Dr. Jeff Wilcke.