Molly (Bernhard) Richardson, MPH, PhD
Department of Population Health Sciences
2016Doctor of Philosophy, Environmental HealthThe University of Alabama at BirminghamBirmingham, AL,
2013Master of Public HealthThe University of Alabama at BirminghamBirmingham, AL,
2009Bachelor of Science, BiologySewanee: The University of the SouthSewanee, TN
2016 – presentPostdoctoral FellowPopulation Health SciencesVirginia-Maryland College of Veterinary MedicineVirginia TechBlacksburg, VA
2013 – 2016Predoctoral FellowNutrition Obesity Research CenterThe University of Alabama at BirminghamBirmingham, AL
2012 – 2014Research AssistantThe University of Alabama School of Public HealthBirmingham, AL
2012InternCenter for the Study of Community HealthBirmingham, AL
- The Society of Toxicology
- International Society of Environmental Epidemiologists
- Alabama Academy of Science
- MC Bernhard, P Li, DB Allison, and JM Gohlke. Effect of the indoor thermal environment on food intake in a sedentary office setting: a pilot randomized cross-over trial. In preparation.
- DB Allison, KR Fontaine, MC Bernhard, MS Williams. Scientific evidence development for health policies for obesity: Why and How. International Journal of Obesity. In preparation.
- ER Kuras and MC Bernhard, MM Calkins, KL Ebi, J Hess, TB Isaken, MA Jagger, K Kintziger, A Scott, J Spector, C Uejio, B Zaitchik, DM Hondola and JM Gohlke. Defining and Measuring Personal Heat Exposure: Theoretical and Practical Considerations. Environmental Health Perspectives. Under revision.
- MC Bernhard, P Li, DB Allison, and JM Gohlke. Warm ambient temperature decreases food intake in a simulated office setting: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Frontiers in Nutrition Methodology. 2:20. doi: 10.3389/fnut.2015.00020 Epub 2015 Aug 24. PMC4500895.
- MC Bernhard, MB Evans, ST Kent, ME Sloan, JM Gohlke. (2015). Measuring personal heat exposure in an urban and rural environment. Environmental Research. 2015 Feb;137:410-8. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2014.11.002. Epub 2015 Jan 22. PMCID PMC4355189.
- MC Bernhard, MB Evans, ST Kent, E Johnson, SL Threadgill, S Tyson, SM Becker, JM Gohlke. (2013) Identifying environmental health priorities in underserved populations: a study of rural versus urban communities. Public Health. 2013 Nov;127(11):994-1004. doi: 10.1016/j.puhe.2013.08.005. Epub 2013 Nov 14. PMCID PMC3851598