Theresa Pancotto, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM: Neurology
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
2013Certified Canine Rehabilitation PractitionerUniversity of TennesseeKnoxville, TN
2011Masters of Veterinary ScienceVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
2007Doctor of Veterinary MedicineTufts Cummings’ School of Veterinary MedicineGrafton, MA
2007Masters of Science, Laboratory Animal MedicineTufts Cummings’ School of Veterinary MedicineGrafton, MA
2002Bachelor of Science, Cognitive PsychologyDuke UniversityDurham, NC
2011 - American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
Research Interests & Experience
- Collaborative research in spinal cord regeneration and brain cancers
2011-presentClinical Assistant Professor of NeurologyVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
2008-2011Resident, Small Animal Neurology/NeurosurgeryVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
2007-2008Intern, Small Animal Surgery and MedicineAffiliated Veterinary SpecialistsMaitland, FL
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Neurosurgical Society
- Virginia Veterinary Medical Association
- Pancotto TE, Rossmeisl JH Jr, Zimmerman K, Robertson JL, Were SR. Intramedullary spinal cord neoplasia in 53 dogs (1990-2010): distribution, clinicopathologic characteristics, and clinical behavior. JVIM 2013. 27(6):1500-8.
- Rossmeisl JH Jr, White C, Pancotto TE, Bays A, Henao-Guerrero PN. Acute adverse events associated with ventral slot decompression in 546 dogs with cervical intervertebral disc disease. Vet Surg. 2013. 42(7):795-806.
- Garcia PA, Pancotto T, Rossmeisl JH Jr, Henao-Guerrero N, Gustafson NR, Daniel GB, Robertson JL, Ellis TL, Davalos RV. Non-thermal irreversible electroporation (N-TIRE) and adjuvant fractionated radiotherapeutic multimodal therapy for intracranial malignant glioma in a canine patient. Technol Cancer Res Treat 2011. 10(1):73-83.
- Pancotto T, Rossmeisl JH Jr, Panciera DL, Zimmerman KL. Blood-brain-barrier disruption in chronic canine hypothyroidism. Vet Clin Pathol 2010. 39(4):485-93.