Jeryl C. Jones, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVR
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
1995Doctor of Philosophy - Biomedical SciencesAuburn UniversityAuburn, AL
1982Doctor of Veterinary MedicineUniversity of GeorgiaAthens, GA
1980Bachelor of Science, ZoologyClemson UniversityClemson, SC
1992 - Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology
Research Interests & Experience
- Computed tomography
- Canine spinal disease
- Lower back pain in working dogs
2012-presentAdjunct ProfessorDepartment of Small Animal Clinical SciencesVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
2014-presentProfessor, Animal and Veterinary SciencesCollege of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life SciencesClemson UniversityClemson, SC
2011-2014Professor, Division of Animal and Nutritional SciencesDavis CollegeWest Virginia UniversityMorgantown, WV
2009-2010Adjunct FacultyTranslational Science InstituteNonhuman Primate Models of Disease GroupWake Forest UniversityWinston-Salem, NC
2003-2011Affiliate FacultySchool of Biomedical EngineeringVirginia TechBlacksburg, VA
2010-2011Professor, RadiologyVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
2001-2010Associate Professor, RadiologyVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
1996-presentFaculty Coordinator, Diagnostic Imaging Research Resource LabVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
1995-2001Assistant Professor, RadiologyVA-MD College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
1989-1994Resident, InstructorDepartment of RadiologyAuburn UniversityAuburn, AL
1989Associate VeterinarianVillage Veterinary ClinicAuburn, AL
1986-1989Associate Veterinarian, Satellite Clinic ManagerAiken Veterinary ClinicsAiken and Barnwell, SC
1982-1986Associate VeterinarianBoulevard Animal HospitalSyracuse, NY
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Virginia Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- Jones JC, Tucker TJ, Tan JC, Pierce BJ, Foxworth JL, Long B, Harper TAM, Moreno D. Improving understanding of early behavioral indicators of lumbosacral disease in working dogs using 3D visualization of skeletal movements during working tasks: Feasibility study. J Vet Behav 8; 2013: 309-315.
- Jones J, Gonzalez L, Larson M, Freeman L, Werre S. Feasibility and accuracy of ultrasound-guided sacroiliac joint injection in dogs. Vet Radiol Ultras 2012; 53 (4) 446-454.
- Jones J, Davies S, Werre S, Shackelford K. Effects of body position or clinical signs on L7-S1 intervertebral foraminal areas and lumbosacral angles in dogs with lumbosacral disease. Am J Vet Res, 2008; 69: 1446-1454.
- Jones JC, Banfield CM, Ward DL. Association between post-operative outcome and results of magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography in working dogs with degenerative lumbosacral stenosis. J Amer Vet Med Assoc 216; 2000: 1769-1774.
- Jones JC, Inzana KD. Subclinical CT abnormalities in the lumbosacral spine of older large-breed dogs. Vet Radiol & Ultras. 41; 2000: 19-26.
- Jones JC, Shires PK, Inzana KD, Sponenberg DP, Massicotte C, Renberg W. Evaluation of canine lumbosacral stenosis using intravenous contrast-enhanced computed tomography. Vet Radiol Ultras. 40; 1999: 108-114.
- Jones JC, Sorjonen DC, Simpson ST, Coates JR, Lenz SD, Hathcock JT, Agee MW, Bartels JE. Comparison between computed tomographic and surgical findings in nine large-breed dogs with lumbosacral stenosis. Vet Radiol Ultras, 37; 1996: 247-256.
- Jones JC, Wright JC, Bartels JE. Computed tomographic morphometry of the canine lumbosacral spine. Am J Vet Res, 56; 1995:1125-1132.
- Jones JC, Cartee RC, Bartels JE. Computed tomographic anatomy of the canine lumbosacral spine. Vet Radiol Ultras, 36; 1995:91-99.
- Jones JC, Wilson ME, Bartels JE. A review of high resolution computed tomography and a proposed technique for regional examination of the canine lumbosacral spine. Vet Radiol Ultras, 35: 1994: 339-346.