Anastacia M. Davis, DVM
Small Animal Surgery
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
2014Doctor of Veterinary MedicineWashington State UniversityPullman, WA
2009Bachelor of Science, BiologyUniversity of WashingtonSeattle, WA
2017–presentResident, Small Animal SurgeryDepartment of Small Animal Clinical SciencesVirginia-Maryland College of Veterinary MedicineBlacksburg, VA
2016-2017Post-doctoral Research FellowshipUniversity of GeorgiaAthens, GA
2015-2016Surgical InternshipCoral Springs Animal HospitalCoral Springs, FL
2014-2015Small Animal Rotating InternshipSeattle Veterinary SpecialistsKirkland, WA
Honors & Awards
2016Best Poster presentation: Long-term structural and functional characterization of 90 min, unilateral, in vivo renal ischemia as a model of renal fibrosis in cats. Science of Veterinary medicine symposium University of Georgia.
2014Novartis Small Animal Surgical Excellence Scholarship Award
- Phi Zeta Veterinary Honor Society
- Davis AM, Grimes J, Wallace M, Vetter CAM et al. Evaluation of client perceived outcomes of permanent tracheostomy in dogs. Accepted into JAAHA June 2017.
- Davies J, Fransson B, Davis, A. Incidence and risk factors for post-operative regurgitation and vomiting comparison in 267 dogs between 2000 and 2012. JAVMA 2015; 246 (3) 327-335.
Professional & Research Interests
- Wound reconstruction and regeneration
- Small animal surgery: oncologic surgery, vascular surgery, and wound reconstruction