DBSP Graduate Students
DVM/PhD Candidate, Bacteriology
Department of Biomedical Sciences & Pathobiology
Graduate Advisor: Dr. Nammalwar Sriranganathan
||Master of Public Health, Epidemiology
University of Minnesota
||Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN
||Travelers' Health and Animal Importation Branch
Division of Global Migration and Quarantine
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Intracellular pathogen carrier states
I am a dual DVM/PhD student in Dr. Nathan's lab. My research interest is in zoonotic diseases and the
intersection of animal and human public health. When not working or studying, I enjoy reading, watching
bad movies, trivia, and playing and watching sports.
- The Dr. Tom Dooley Society
- American Society for Microbiology
- Biomedical & Veterinary Sciences Graduate Student Association
Publications and Presentations
- March 2008: Oral Presentation: “Anticipating the Next Monkeypox: Trends in Rodent
Importation, 1999-2006” at International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases, Atlanta GA.
- May 2008: Poster Presentations: “Age and Gender Distribution of Yellow Fever Vaccine Recipients in the
US, 2006” and “Impact of International Society of Travel Medicine (ISTM) Membership on Participation in
a Vaccine Survey” at Northern European Conference on Travel Medicine, Helsinki Finland.
- X Aranguren, J McCue, B Hendrick, X Zhu, F Du, E Chen, B Pelacho, I Peñuelas, G Abizanda, M Uriz, S
Frommer, J Ross, B Schroeder, et al. Multipotent adult progenitor cells sustain function of ischemic limbs
in mice. J. Clin. Invest. 118(2): 505-514 (2008).
- Lindsey NP, Schroeder BA, Miller ER, Braun MM, Hinckley AF, Marano N, Slade BA, Barnett ED, Brunette
GW, Horan K, Staples JE, Kozarsky PE and Hayes EB. Adverse event reports following yellow fever vaccination.
Vaccine. 2008 Nov 11;26(48):6077-82.