The Office of Public Relations and Communications (OPRC) tells the story of students, faculty, and staff at the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine through strategic communications, media relations, and government relations programs.
Our team is in charge of communication programs for internal and external audiences that demonstrate how the college's learning, discovery, and engagement programs contribute to companion animal, agricultural, and biomedical research communities. We accomplish this through writing news releases, maintaining the website and social media channels, a monthly e-newsletter Vital Signs, a bi-annual magazine TRACKS, as well as providing photography and graphic design support.
Resources for Journalists
- Press Releases - Please visit our Press Release Archives.
- Experts - Board certified clinical specialists and biomedical scientists on faculty in the college are available to provide expert commentary and information on a number of topics and issues in animal and public health. In order for our office to provide you with the most efficient service, we ask that you first contact OPRC media relations staff prior to making contact with a faculty member. We value your interest in the college and will make every effort to respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible.
- Social media - Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- E-Newsletter - Browse and subscribe to Vital Signs, our monthly electronic newsletter.
- Magazine - View our biannual TRACKS magazine.
We use a central ticketing system (firstname.lastname@example.org) to track and respond to requests and submissions to our office from members of our college community.
- Please send an email to email@example.com to:
- Request updates or new pages for the public website
- Request a press release
- Request a graphic design project
- Request event photo coverage
- Submit photos, information, or ideas for social media feeds
- Submit news, awards, and accolades for Vital Signs
- To request updates for the college Intranet, contact IT Support.