Services & Contacts
About the Office of Public Relations & Communications (OPRC)
The Office of Public Relations and Communications (OPRC) operates strategic communications, media relations and
government relations programs designed to foster a positive operating environment for the college and assist in
the development of operating resources from the public and private sectors. The OPRC operates communication programs for internal
and external audiences that demonstrate how VA-MD Vet Medís learning, discovery and engagement programs contribute
to the companion animal, agricultural, and biomedical research communities.
Resources for Journalists
- Press Releases - Please visit our
Press Release Archives.
- Experts - Board certified clinical specialists and biomedical scientists on faculty in the college are available
to provide expert commentary and information on a number of topics and issues in animal and public health. In
order for our office to provide you with the most efficient service, we ask that you first contact OPRC media
relations staff prior to making contact with a faculty member. We value your interest in the college and will make
every effort to respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible.
- Faculty Biographical Information - Faculty biographical information can be found using links on our department
- E-Newsletter & Magazine
- Browse and subscribe to Vital Signs, our monthly electronic newsletter.
- Browse VM Magazine, our semi-annual magazine.
Design, Web, and Multimedia Services
The OPRC provides:
- comprehensive web development and management services for the collegeís website.
- creative, editorial and production services for electronic and print publications.
The office works closely with the Virginia Veterinary Medical Association
(VVMA), the Maryland Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA), the
Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges and other organizations
to help shape public policy at the state and federal level in a way that creates a better future for the college and
the profession of veterinary medicine and the people and animals it serves.
Public Relations Contacts
Web Communications Contacts
Assistant Director for
Web Developer / Designer