Virginia Tech’s Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center is a premier full-service equine hospital located in Leesburg, Virginia, that offers advanced specialty care, 24-hour emergency treatment, and diagnostic services for all ages and breeds of horses. Our team of equine specialists in internal medicine, reproduction, and surgery is committed to providing exceptional treatment for patients, superior service to clients and cutting-edge research to the equine industry.
How can we help you?
News & Events
- Horse on a Treadmill causes viral sensation View full story
- Equine Medical Center partners with George Mason University to offer summer research internship View full press release
- Dr. Jennifer Barrett named Theodora Ayer Randolph Professor of Equine Surgery View full press release
- Dr. Nathaniel A. White II honored with emeritus status View full press release
- Dr. Kendra Freeman, surgery resident, has been awarded the EQUUS Foundation Research Fellow Scholarship. The purpose of the scholarship is to emphasize the importance of equine research and to reward researchers for their contributions. Dr. Freeman's research project is part of her master's degree program and evaluated the effects of two different suture patterns on tendon blood flow. The results of this research may help equine veterinarians to treat tendon lacerations, which can be life threatening and career ending to a horse.
- Samantha Rowland, veterinary technician specialist in anesthesia, will provide a CE lecture on "Considerations in Equine Emergency Anesthesia: Colic Focus" at the Virginia Association of Licensed Veterinary Technicians (VALVT) fall conference at Blue Ridge Community College on Sept. 21. View conference and registration information.
- Samantha Rowland, veterinary technician specialist in anesthesia, authored an article published in the online Veterinary Technician journal titled "Equine Essentials: Blood Pressure Management in Equine Anesthesia." View the article
- Dr. Michael Erskine named interim director of Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center View full press release
- Visit our Winner's Circle, now featuring Buck
- Shelley Duke receives Virginia Tech's highest honor, the William H. Ruffner Medal View full press release
- The Equine Medical Center is now offering acupuncture services, including dry needling, aquapuncture and electroacupuncture. Appointments can be scheduled on an outpatient-basis and treatments can also be provided to hospitalized patients and emergency cases.
- View Dr. Nat White's Tuesday Talk on "Is Your Horse Off Behind? - Diagnosing and Treating Hind Limb Lamenesses" (PDF)
- View Dr. Harold McKenzie's Tuesday Talk on "Equine Strangles: The Problem That Just Won't Go Away" (PDF)
- Listen to Dr. Jennifer Barrett give an overview of stem cells (MP3)
- Read summaries of Dr. Harold McKenzie's presentations on managing inflammatory airway disease and managing bacterial pneumonia from the AAEP convention in November
- Listen to the archived podcast from Dr. Nat White's Q&A on post-colic care, hosted by TheHorse.com
|Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Send a fax: