Virginia Tech’s Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center is a premier full-service equine hospital located in Leesburg, Virginia, that offers advanced specialty care, 24-hour emergency treatment, and diagnostic services for all ages and breeds of horses. Our team of equine specialists in internal medicine, reproduction, and surgery is committed to providing exceptional treatment for patients, superior service to clients and cutting-edge research to the equine industry.
Open Letter to Clients and Friends of the EMC
Read an open letter from Dean Gerhardt Schurig
detailing some exciting changes at the center.
How can we help you?
News & Events
- Visit our Winner's Circle, now featuring Buck
- Shelley Duke receives Virginia Tech's highest honor, the William H. Ruffner Medal View full press release
- The Equine Medical Center is now offering acupuncture services, including dry needling, aquapuncture and electroacupuncture. Appointments can be scheduled on an outpatient-basis and treatments can also be provided to hospitalized patients and emergency cases.
- View Dr. Nat White's Tuesday Talk on "Is Your Horse Off Behind? - Diagnosing and Treating Hind Limb Lamenesses" (PDF)
- View Dr. Harold McKenzie's Tuesday Talk on "Equine Strangles: The Problem That Just Won't Go Away" (PDF)
- Listen to Dr. Jennifer Barrett give an overview of stem cells (MP3)
- Read summaries of Dr. Harold McKenzie's presentations on managing inflammatory airway disease and managing bacterial pneumonia from the AAEP convention in November
- Listen to the archived podcast from Dr. Nat White's Q&A on post-colic care, hosted by TheHorse.com
|Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Send a fax: