Arthroscopy and Tenoscopy
Surgical experts at the Equine Medical Center use minimally invasive surgical procedures such as arthroscopy and tenoscopy to treat chip fractures, infected joints, cartilage erosions, OCD, and tendon lacerations.
Our state-of-the-art, high-definition arthroscopic equipment provides sharp, wide-angle views of joints and tendon sheaths and helps surgeons operate without disturbing critical structures. The procedures result in minimal scarring, decreased recuperation time, improved performance, and more mobility for the horse.
Click on a thumbnail image to view a larger image.
- Our surgical experts utilize state-of-the-art high-definition arthroscopy equipment that provides ultra-sharp visualization within the joint structure.
- With our advanced technology, surgeons can complete the procedure with very small incisions and minimal soft tissue manipulation, which means less scarring and faster healing time for your horse.
Post-operative care for arthroscopic and tenoscopic surgery
- The Equine Medical Center is a full-service hospital that provides comprehensive, cutting-edge, and compassionate care 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Our team of skilled surgeons and highly trained operating room nurses take many precautions to minimize the risk of infection during surgery.
- Once the horse is awake after surgery, he is led back to his stall to rest. He is checked hourly throughout the day and night by licensed veterinary technicians.
The advantages of arthroscopy and tenoscopy
- Arthroscopic surgery is effective for chip fractures, osteochrondritis desiccans, joint mice, infected joints, and cartilage erosions.
- Tenoscopic surgery can help resolve bowed tendons, sheath adhesions, tendon lacerations, and tendon sheath infections.
- Regenerative medicine techniques are available for patients with joint, ligament, and tendon injuries.
- Learn more about our inpatient surgical procedures under general anesthesia.
Appointments for arthroscopy and tenoscopy
- Arthroscopy and tenoscopy are inpatient surgical procedures that are performed by appointment. To make an appointment or for more information, call (703) 771-6800 or email email@example.com.
- View the Client Care Packet (PDF) to learn more about the facilities, services, staffing, and policies at the EMC.
Each surgery clinician is highly skilled in performing arthroscopic and tenoscopic surgery.