About the Workshop
When & Where
Aug. 10-12, 2016The 2016 workshop has been cancelled.
- All workshop sessions will occur at the VA-MD College of Veterinary Medicine on the Virginia Tech Campus in Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Visitor parking passes will be issued to you during on-site registration on August 10, 2016 from 7:00 am – 8:00 am at the veterinary college.
- View map and directions.
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
- Virginia Tech Student Chapter of American College of Veterinary Pathologists
The goal of the workshop is to provide a concise review of clinical pathology concepts and practice at interpreting a wide range of laboratory findings for anatomic pathology residents with focused attention in the areas of clinical chemistry, cytology and hematology.
Each day of the three-day workshop will focus on a variety of topics divided into didactic and interactive lectures along with practice cases. Total contact time will be approximately 24 approved CE credit hours. Printed notes will be provided.
- Electrolytes & Acid-base
- Renal & Urine
- Hemostasis and Platelets
- Cytology: Neoplasia
- Muscle, Protein, Lipid
- GI, Pancreases
- Ca, P, Mg Adrenal, Thyroid
- Cytology: Inflammation & Agents
- Bone Marrow
- Hem and cyto slide descriptions
- Laboratory Concepts
- Cytology Misc. entities
Virginia Tech Continuing and Professional Education