Our continuing education programs are available to veterinarians and veterinary technicians who want to stay apprised of the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques available to the profession.
Upcoming Lectures and Events
Our faculty provide continuing education lectures at regional Veterinary Medical Association conferences as well as lunch and dinner lectures, which are often made possible with the support of various companies in the veterinary industry.
MVMA 130th Annual Summer Conference 2016
The Maryland Veterinary Medical Association is headed to the beach for its 2016 Summer Conference. The Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel will host the region’s premier event for education, developing business partnerships, and networking.
VA-MD Vet Med faculty presenting at the conference include:
- Gregory B. Daniel, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVR
- Michael T. Nappier, DVM, Diplomate ABVP
- Nori Adams, DVM, Diplomate ACVS
Ocean City, MD 21842
This event is equivalent to 18 CE contact hours.
2nd Annual Small Animal Summer Conference for Veterinarians
August 19, 2016, 8:15 a.m.
The conference will be held in Blacksburg, Virginia and interactive remote viewing locations will be available at the Avrum Gudelsky Veterinary Center in College Park, Maryland and the Marion DuPont Scott Equine Medical Center in Leesburg, Virginia. Catered lunch will be served at all locations.
- Canine Heart Failure: Current Therapyby Jonathan Abbott , DVM, Diplomate ACVIM
Radiology of the Spineby Kemba Clapp, DVM, Diplomate ACVR
Hot Topics in Nutritionby Megan Shepherd, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVN
Update on Corneal Ulcerations: How, Why & What to doby Phil Pickett, DVM, Diplomate ACVO
Updates on Feline Hyperthyroidism: Diagnosis & Managementby Stefanie DeMonaco, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM
Paradigm Shifts in Feline Epilepsyby John Rossmeisl, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM: Internal Medicine and Neurology
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Interactive Remote Viewing Locations
8075 Greenmead Drive
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-3711
17690 Old Waterford Road
Leesburg, VA 20176
- There is no cost to attend this event. Catered lunch will be served at all locations.
- Due to space limitations, seating is limited to 125 veterinarians at our Blacksburg location, and 60 at each of our remote viewing locations.
- The registration deadline is August 10, 2016.
- Register Online or contact Dr. Doug Graham at 540-231-5825 or vetmedCE@vt.edu.
This event is equivalent to 6 CE contact hours.