News & Events
CENTAUR in the news
- Thanks to our dedicated certified therapy dog teams who have successfully passed their testing requirements to be
VT Helping P.A.W.S. participants!
- Robyn Fox and Kaiya
- Katherine Robinson and Tucker
- Regina Shores and Milly
- Paul Harper and Skip
- Debora Weiss and Button
- Patti Brown and Parker
- Nikki Hallinan and Ellie
- Emily Frey and Bagel
- Daniel Muelhaupt and Rue
- Ellen Weaver and Warrior
- Shannon Mays and Pippen
- Bess Pierce and Delaware
- Zenny Ng and Grace
- VT Helping P.A.W.S., stopped by during interviews on Jan. 26 to provide pet therapy for candidates for
the DVM Class of 2017. View photo gallery.
- Dr. Bess Pierce and Kathleen Pack were featured on Roanoke's WSLS-TV. Watch the video.
- Dr. Bess Pierce explains the services offered by VT Helping P.A.W.S. and how to be a part of the group
during Dec. 2012 pet therapy session at Newman Library. Watch the video.
- VT Spotlight on Impact: Center for Animal Human Relationships works on outreach, scientific discovery
- VT Helping P.A.W.S. visited Lane Stadium to provide a pet therapy study break for student athletes. View
HokieSports Weekly photo gallery.
- Pet therapy study breaks with members of VT Helping P.A.W.S. (Pet Assisted Wellness Service), Virginia Tech
Newman Library, 2nd floor Commons, 6-7 pm
- Last Thursday of every month: Feb. 28, March 28, Apr. 25
- Reading Day, Thurs., May 9, 2013
- Feb. 23, 2-3 p.m. - VT Helping P.A.W.S. visits Kid's Tech University
- Feb. 26, 5 - 8 p.m. - Pet Loss Support Hotline training with VT Cook Counseling Center at VMRCVM
- May 3, 2013, The Animal-Human Experience: Exploring the Human-Animal Bond
from both sides and the Booker Service Award dinner, Inn at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va.
- July 18-19, 2013 - ISAZ Evidence-based Approaches to the Study of Human-Animal
- July 19-23, 2013 -AVMA Annual Convention, Chicago
- July 20-22, 2013 - International Association of Human-Animal Interaction Organizations
2013 Triennial International Conference
- Virginia legislators take a timeout for puppy playtime, Roanoke Times, January 2013
therapy study break photo gallery, VT Helping P.A.W.S.,
Virginia Tech Newman Library, May 3-4, 2012
brings positivity to Drillfield, Collegiate Times, April 2012
for Animal-Human Relationships focuses on therapeutic benefits of companion animals, Virginia Tech News, March 2012
- Veterinarian to study other side of therapuetic dog petting sessions, The Daily Pennsylvanian, March 2012
Military Working Dogs With High-level Veterinary Care, AAVMC Spotlight
- Seminar: Lyme Disease in the New River Valley - Risks and Prevention in
People and Pets, March 1, 2012
- AAVMC's Salute to the Veterinarians Who Take Care of Our Nation's Military
Dogs Featured in Times Square, AAVMC Press Room, Nov. 2011
- CENTAUR's Pulaski County Helps Pets relief program aided owners and pets affected by the April 2011 devastating