How to Apply
- We encourage you to contact professors you are interested in working with prior to applying to the program.
- Visit the Virginia Tech Graduate School website for specific admissions requirements.
- Apply for admission to our MS or PhD degree program by completing an online application using the Virginia Tech Graduate School Applicant System.
Steps to Graduate Program Acceptance
- The Graduate Affairs Committee reviews an applicant’s qualifications and recommends acceptance.
- Candidates are matched with a faculty advisor (major professor). This process is helped if you contact professors you are interested in working with prior to applying.
- A source of financial support—stipend and tuition—is identified.
- After these steps are completed, successful applicants are offered admission.
Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Research & Graduate Studies
205 Duck Pond Drive
Virginia Tech (0442)
Blacksburg, VA 24061