Our Mission & Values
Our Mission Statement
To protect and enhance animal, human, and environmental health and well-being by:
- Creating, disseminating and applying medical knowledge through discovery, learning, and engagement;
- Preparing professional and post graduate students for careers in veterinary medicine, biomedical sciences, and "One Health;" and
- Providing quality clinical care and compassionate service to animals.
- We recognize that education is at the core of our mission. We will provide the best possible environment for the
intellectual development and professional training of our students.
- We are responsible to our clients and our patients. We recognize the powerful emotional foundations of the human/animal
bond. We offer our diagnostic and therapeutic services within a compassionate environment, which respects the dignity of all
- We respect the capabilities and the contributions of veterinarians practicing through the rural and urban communities we
serve. We view our Veterinary Teaching Hospital as a resource to their practices and honor the highest standards of professional
conduct and integrity throughout the referral process.
- We recognize that our human resources are our greatest strength. We strive to foster an organizational culture that promotes
personal and professional development by recognizing and rewarding contributions and achievements.
- We recognize our responsibility to work closely with agricultural producers to ensure the abundance, quality, and safety
of our food supply.
- We recognize our responsibility to promote public health by protecting people from zoonotic diseases, and controlling toxic
threats to the environment.
- We seek to relieve suffering and promote the well-being of both people and animals through the responsible conduct of
clinical and biomedical research.
- We recognize our growing relationships with business and government and strive to create mutually beneficial partnerships
with those who share our goals.
- We recognize that we are an organization that operates with public funds to serve the public good and are prudent and
responsible stewards of our human, fiscal, and natural resources.
- We will adhere to the principles of trust, respect, and courtesy in all things.